Saturday, July 4, 2015

Lentil Soup

This is a recipe I have been making for years, but honestly I am not sure if I have posted on this blog before. I havent made it in at least a year, but thought this unprocessed challenge was the perfect time to resurrect it.

Saute 1 large potato and 3 green onions with olive oil for about 10 minutes.
Add in 1 box of veggie broth
Add 1 cup of red lentils (uncooked)
Add in herbs - I use basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary from my garden - dont be shy with them.
Add in assorted veggies (I used zucchini, heirloom tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, kale, cauliflower, carrots, and bell peppers).
If you use a leafy green (collard greens, kale, spinach, etc.) add those in the last 5 min rotation.

Stir every 5 minutes for 20 minutes and saw YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment