Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tacos

So I am back to doing the grain free (although it is debatable that corn is a fruit, a veggie, or a grain), dairy free, vegan, sugar free diet (actual sugar not stuff like agave and honey). It is way easier than you would think. I do this for a few months a couple times a year. It makes me feel great and helps me lose a few after the holiday pounds.

Today for lunch: veggie tacos. These are some of the purest ingredients and some of the best tacos you'll find.

1 zucchini, 1/4 of a bell pepper, 1 handful of spinach, 2 carrots
to taste: garlic, pepper, olive oil, and jalapeno pepper (if you have a jalapeno flavored olive oil a drop of that will work best).
1/2 cup cooked of pinto beans.
3 corn tortillas (I used the Mission tortilla thins so I get a better calorie bang for my buck).

Saute the veggies, beans, and to-taste items for about 7 min.
Cook your tortillas separately. I get them almost burnt
Add a slice of avocado or guacamole to each taco ... and say yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment