Sunday, July 8, 2012

That's what I call black beans

So we can do these the easy way or the hard way:

hard way:

soak dry beans overnight in a bowl full of water.
The next day, drain water.
Put black beans, 2 cups veggie broth
and to taste: garlic (I suggest 3 cloves), green onions (I suggest the whole bunch white and green parts chopped), cumin (I suggest 2-3 tablespoons, did I mention I LOVE CUMIN), pepper (I suggest shaking to your heart's content), and a pinch of salt. THE ABOVE suggestions are for a full bag of dried beans.

Add enough water to cover all of this appropriately. Cook on stove, medium heat for about 2.5 hours. Stir the beans every 20 mins. Taste to see if they are ready at about 2 hours. Add additional spices if necessary and keep watching til they hit the perfect consistency.

Sidenote - I have also done this in a crockpot instead of stove top. They come out drier, but still good.

Easy Way:
1 can of organic black beans
pour can in pot without draining.
Add 1 tblspn garlic
1 tspn cumin
1 tspn garlic
1/4 bunch of green onions --white and green.
Boil on medium heat about 10 min.


No comments:

Post a Comment