Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My 1 yr old's favorite Green Smoothie

So Green Smoothies are all the rage right now, but if you try to give a little kid a smoothie that looks green most of them wont even be willing to try it. This is a favorite of my family - including my little 1 year old, Joy Luz. 


The best part is it is delicious and nutritious - A BIG secret is FREEZE YOUR VEGGIES. People usually throw the greens in fresh... that is fine and dandy, but freezing them gives it an icy texture and better taste. 


If you little one is still not liking it use frozen bok choy and butter lettuce as the green instead of spinach or kale. (I like kale in salads and as kale chips but I hate it in smoothies and I am a grown vegetarian. I cant expect my 1 year old to like it in a smoothie either)  


I always want to make sure my little one that is now on solids is getting all of her nutrition so I put the information into nutritiondata.com and this little baby is covered by her daily smoothie. 


1 oz juice (I like cranberry juice to keep the sugar content lower) 
Fill up the blender to the 2 cup line with water. 
Add Emergen-C vitamin C packets (I like tangerine), 
1 tb chia seeds, 
2 tbpn pea protein powder, 
1 frozen bok choy, 
1 tbspn green kale/seaweed powder
 1 cup frozen berries, 
2 capsules ( I open them up) each of raspberry ketones, and white bean protein. 
Blend and Drink. Sometimes I also add 1 tb of 100% cocoa powder and Joy LOVES those days. 


I split it 1/3 to my 1 year old and I get the other 2/3 of it. 


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment