Monday, September 22, 2014

Why Yes I did put a butternut squash in my smoothie!

I tend to do juice cleanses two times a year. I was looking through various juices and saw one that had butternut squash in it. Having some cooked and left over butternut squash in my fridge at the moment and it being almost October, I immediately thought of PUMPKIN.. and so the following smoothie was born:

1/4 of a small to medium butternut squash. I would equate this to about 1 cup cooked (packed down to measure).
1 complete apple (peeled)
2 ounces of almond milk
1 cup water
two shakes of the cinnamon
I also added one serving of my unflavored protein/vegan nutrition powder. (I use naturade soy free vegan protein powder)
If you have pumpkin pie spice, I would suggest also adding a pinch of that to it.

Tasted like pumpkin pie = D
Feel free to add frozen bananas to give it a more frozen texture.

If you like pumpkin season as much as I do, then be prepared to say yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment