Sunday, March 10, 2013

Vegan mac n cheese

So the great part about having local and organic produce from a co-op is that it makes you think outside the box when you cook because you get random ingredients. The down side is when it gets to a season where you are literally getting the same food every week. That has been my problem for the past few months, which is why I have not been too excited to post. I feel like I have been making the same food over and over again. However, I did play a truck on the hubby and make a vegan mac n cheese- nope, not with vegan cheese, but with nutritional yeast. He was fooled and told me to make it again (of course until I disclosed to him how I made it). Here is the recipe.

1 box of your favorite noodles - I prefer macaroni
1/3 cup of flour
3 cups almond milk
1/2 cup of nutritional yeast (yellow powder you can find in the Whole Foods bulk bin aisle)
2 tbspns of tomato sauce
1 tbspn lemon juice

Say yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment