Monday, October 29, 2012

How the BLEEP do you eat a pumpkin?

My CSA box came on Friday and inside was a sugar pumpkin. Thinking about my love for roasted pumpkin seeds, I was excited. The more I thought about it, the more that I realized that the rest of the pumpkin was either going to end up in the trash or as a jack-o-lantern, and that did not sit well with me. Off to the internet I went and  2 min into my research had a DUH moment. 

Basically equate the pumpkin with a butternut squash. A trick I learned a long time ago about the butternut squash is to cut off the top and bottom and then PEEL it with a potato peeler. That is exactly what I did. I decided to make pumpkin soup with it. 


Boil the pumpkin first and then puree it when soft to add to the other ingredients ...
2 tbspn of olive oil, 2 carrots, 1 granny smith apple, the pumpkin, sage leaves, 1 box of veggie broth, and some pepper. 

SAY YUM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment