Sunday, August 19, 2012

Tastes like a Garden

I hate jarred pasta sauces. The only one that comes close to edible in my opinion is the Organic Classico. I prefer to make my own. Super easy and super good for you! I get these ingredients from my garden so that it is particularly fresh.

2 zucchini
4 large tomatoes or 1 pint of little tomatoes or equivalent (I have used 1 can diced tomatoes)
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, garlic, pepper, and olive oil to taste ( I use about 20 leaves of oregano, 20 leaves of thyme, 20 leaves of rosemary, and 20 leaves of basil) 1 tbspn minced garlic, 1 tspn pepper, and 1/4 cup of olive oil).
I often add spinach and other veggies to this as well.

Put in blender or food processor and blend! I have a vitamix, so I blend on variable 10 for about 20 seconds.

I typically use this with the Barilla Plus Spaghetti (cooked), put in pan, mix in sauce, add cheese as desired and bake on 375 for about 15-20 min.


No comments:

Post a Comment